- Saturday, May 27, 17:15 Naxoshalle Kino
Mie o haru
- Japan 2016, Blu-ray, 93 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & script: Akiyo FUJIMURA
- Production: Harakiri Films
- Camera: Yuichi NAGATA
- World sales: Geta Films
- Cast: Haruka KUBO, Atsuya OKADA, Miki NITORI, Hiromi SHINJU, Mayumi
- German premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
For ten years, Eriko has been chasing her dream of becoming an actress in Tokyo. Returning to her hometown for her older sister’s funeral, she realizes that she might have to readjust her path in life. She deciof the to take care of her nephew and to follow in her sister’s footsteps as a mourner-for-hire. Akiyo FUJIMURA presents a charming family drama about the insecurity of an entire generation.
Akiyo FUJIMURA was born in Tokyo in 1990 and majored in film at Meiji Gakuin University. While attending college, she directed her first short films, which were screened at various independent film festivals in Japan. After graduating she worked as an assistant director at Toho Studios. ERIKO, PRETENDED is her feature length debut. Production was supported by a grant from the Cineastes Organization Osaka (CO2).