Gui aiueo:S A Stone from Another Mountain to Polish Your Own Stone
- Saturday, May 27, 22:30 Naxoshalle Kino
- ギ・あいうえおス 他山の石を以って己の玉を磨くべし
Gui aiueo:S Tazan no ishi o motte onore no tama o migakubeshi
- Japan 2016, DCP, 86 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & script: Go SHIBATA
- Production & world sales: Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media
- Camera: Futa TAKAGI
- European premiere in the presence of the director and of the producer Eijun SUGIHARA
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
Using their sound and film equipment like musical instruments, the members of the band GUI AIUEO:S create an audiovisual work of art. On their journey, they search for UFOs, meet odd hermits, and are introduced to the sustainable toilet. Go SHIBATA, winner of the 2011 NIPPON VISIONS AWARD, presents an eccentric performance-roadmovie-documentary. Hop on board and step on the gas!
Go SHIBATA was born in Kanagawa in 1975 and studied at Osaka University of the Arts. His graduation film NN-891102 (1999) was shown at numerous international film festivals, as were his following works. In 2011 he won the NIPPON VISIONS AWARD for his film DOMAN SEMAN.
1999 NN-891102; 2004 Late Bloomer (Osoi hito); 2008 Punch the Blue Sky (Aozora ponchi / NC ’09); 2010 Doman Seman (Horikawa nakatachiuri / NC ’11) / Gui aiueo:S
- Supporting film: The Interpreter
- by Noriko OKAKU, UK 2015, 6 min, no dialog