Gukoroku – Traces of Sin
- Saturday, May 27, 17:45 Mousonturm Saal
- Japan 2016, DCP, 120 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Kei ISHIKAWA
- Script: Kosuke MUKAI nach einem Roman by Tokuro NUKUI
- Production: Bandai Visual, TV Tokyo, Warner Bros. Pictures Japan, Tohokushinsha Film Corporation, Office Kitano
- Camera: Piotr Niemyjski
- World sales: Alpha Violet
- Cast: Satoshi TSUMABUKI, Hikari MITSUSHIMA, Keisuke KOIDE, Asami USUDA, Yui ICHIKAWA
- Music: Takashi OHMAMA
- German premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Several years after the brutal, unsolved murder of a Tokyo family, ambitious reporter Tanaka attempts to find the perpetrators of the crime. Step by step, he comes close to discovering what really happened. First time director Kei ISHIKAWA’s dramatic thriller, which premiered at the Venice Film Festival 2016, successfully combines genre and suspense elements with social analysis.
Born in Japan in 1977, Kei ISHIKAWA studied physics at Tohoku University and film directing at the Łódź Film School in Poland. He has made several short films that have been screened at film festivals worldwide. In 2013, his Japanese-Polish co-production feature project BABY won the Bucheon Award from the Network of Asian Fantastic Films (NAFF). GUKOROKU – TRACES OF SIN is Kei ISHIKAWA’s first feature film.