Love and Goodbye and Hawaii
- Wednesday, May 24, 19:30 Naxoshalle Kino
- 恋とさよならと ハワイ
Koi to sayonara to Hawaii
- Japan 2017, DCP, 94 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director & script: Shingo MATSUMURA
- Production & world sales: Ippo
- Camera: Raita YABUSHITA
- Cast: Aya AYANO, Kentaro TAMURA, Momoka AYUKAWA, Aoi KATO, Risa KAMEDA
- International premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
How do I properly break up with someone? Most people have had to ask themselves this uncomfortable question at some point in their lives. It’s no different for Rinko and Isamu, your regular twentysomething couple living and working in urban Japan. This bittersweet comedy perfectly captures the trials and tribulations of getting along with your partner after the end of a relationship.
Born in Kawagoe in 1981, Shingo MATSUMURA graduated from Waseda University in 2013 with his film STRIKING OUT IN LOVE. The film was screened at the Busan International Film Festival and awarded the SKIP CITY AWARD at the SKIP CITY INTERNATIONAL D-Cinema FESTIVAL in Japan. LOVE AND GOODBYE AND HAWAII is his second feature film.
2013 Striking Out in Love (Romansu rodo)
- Supporting film: The Lost Breakfast
- by Q-Rais, Japan 2015, 7 min, no dialog