- Wednesday, May 24, 19:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Thursday, May 25, 20:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2016, DCP, 103 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director & script: Junji SAKAMOTO
- Production: “The Projects” Film Partners
- Camera: Ryo OTSUKA
- World sales: Kino Films
- Cast: Naomi FUJIYAMA, Ittoku KISHIBE, Michiyo OKUSU, Renji ISHIBASHI, Takumi SAITO
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Hinako and her husband Seiji have moved into a public housing complex on the outskirts of Osaka after giving up their herbal medicine shop. But it seems they still have one mysterious customer. When Seiji suddenly disappears, wild rumors start to spread among the neighbors. Junji SAKAMOTO has reassembled a cast of energetic veteran actors and delivers an odd comedy with a truly fantastic twist.
Junji SAKAMOTO was born in Sakai (Osaka Prefecture) in 1958. He started his career as an assistant director, working with Sogo ISHII, among others. His directing debut KNOCKOUT (1989) won a number of newcomer awards. His crime drama FACE (2000) was a big success and received many prizes. Several of his following films entered into competition at international festivals, such as Berlin and Karlovy Vary.
1989 Knockout (Dotsuitarunen); 1994 Tokarev; 2000 Face (Kao); 2002 KT; 2003 My House (Bokunchi / NC ’04); 2008 Children of the Dark (Yami no kodomotachi); 2010 Zatoichi: The Last; 2012 A Chorus of Angels (Kita no kanariatachi); 2013 Human Trust (Jinrui shikin)