- Thursday, May 25, 17:15 Naxoshalle Kino
Tane o maku hito
- Japan 2016, DCP, 117 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director, script & world sales: Yosuke TAKEUCHI
- Production: K-Zone
- Camera: Kentaro KISHI, Yuki SUEMATSU
- Cast: Kentaro KISHI, Suzuno TAKENAKA, Tomomitsu ADACHI, Arisa NAKAJIMA, Ichika TAKEUCHI
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
After having spent three years in psychiatric care, Mitsuo finds solace in reuniting with his brother and his nieces Chie and Itsuki. But a tragic accident soon disrupts the newly found happiness. With impressionistic shots, TAKEUCHI tells a riveting story about the burden of guilt and the struggle for atonement. TAKEUCHI won the Special Jury Award for Best Director for THE SOWER at the 2016 Thessaloniki International Film Festival.
Yosuke TAKEUCHI, born in 1978, studied at the Shibaura Institute of Technology and then went to Paris to study painting. He won the Jury Special Award at the exhibition of the Académie de Port-Royal in 2003. In 2006, he directed his first short film SEGUTSU. THE SOWER is his first feature length film.
- Supporting film: JUNGLE TAXI
- by Hakhyun KIM, Japan 2016, 8 min, Japanese with English subtitles