Wet Woman in the Wind
- Thursday, May 25, 22:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Friday, May 26, 18:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
Kaze ni nureta onna
- Japan 2016, DCP, 78 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & script: Akihiko SHIOTA
- Camera: Hidetoshi SHINOMIYA
- Production & world sales: Nikkatsu
- Cast: Yuki MAMIYA, Tasuku NAGAOKA, Ryushin TEI, Michiko SUZUKI, Hitomi NAKATANI
- German premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Kosuke, a worn-out dramatist from Tokyo, needs a time-out. After building a DIY-hut in the woods, he befriends some folks from the local town and begins thinking about the meaning of life. But his vow of celibacy is soon challenged by Shiori, a pushy young waitress. In the tradition of classic Nikkatsu Roman Porno films, Akihiko SHIOTA presents a passionate battle of the sexes.
Akihiko SHIOTA, born in Kyoto in 1961, studied at Rikkyo University, shooting some of his first short films together with Kiyoshi KUROSAWA. His two first feature films were invited to the Locarno Film Festival 1999. Following films like HARMFUL INSECT (2001) or I JUST WANNA HUG YOU (2014) were successful not only in Japan, but internationally as well, receiving numerous awards.
1999 Moonlight Whispers (Gekko no sasayaki) / Don’t Look Back (Dokomademo iko); 2001 Gips (NC ’02); 2002 Harmful Insect (Gaichu); 2002 Yomigaeri; 2007 Dororo; 2014 I Just Wanna Hug You (Dakishimetai: Shinjutsu no monogatari)